The two Tesla car owners mined Bitcoin, Ethereum and Monero. They explained how they rigged their cars to mine digital currencies:
-Raval connected graphics processing units (GPUs) to his 2018 Tesla Model 3, in order to mine crypto assets with his car.
– Raval also hacked his internal Tesla Model 3 firmware to mine crypto, and concluded from the process that using GPUs was the most profitable method.
– Raval pointed out that tweaking the Tesla system voids the car’s warranty, but brings rewards.
+ Earned up to $800 worth of ether, when its value peaked in 2021.
– Chris Allessi started exploiting his hacked Tesla car from 2018.
– Allessi used an inverter and a Bitmain Antminer S9, and connected them directly to his Tesla Model S battery to mine bitcoin (BTC).
– Allessi used Tesla’s internal on-board firmware to mine the cryptocurrency, monero (XMR).
– He ran mining programs in the browser.
In 2021, a Canadian light electric vehicle (LEV) company, Daymak Inc., began mining cryptocurrency from June 29 with its first prototype Spiritus electric car.
For the latest crypto news and investment tips, follow our Cryptocurrency page.